If you are anything like me Half-Term has rocked up but your pockets are bare. Most days I hate going out and when we do it normally costs us loads. I made it my mission to get out more and take the boys places.
Here are my Top 5 things to do for FREE!
- Park, Picnic and Balls – A trip to the park may not be something special but take a picnic and a ball and it will kill a few hours. My boys have fallen in love with a park in a small village on the outskirts of Peterborough so we often take a picnic there.
- Local nature reserve – Most local reserves are free to enter and you often have the opportunity to feed ducks. Some have parks and again an ideal time to take a picnic.
- Geocaching – If you haven’t heard of Geocaching you can learn all about it here. Think of it like a real treasure hunt. Using your phone you can download an app which tells you where to find caches (the treasure).
- Craft activities – Okay so they might be a small cost involved but once you have a supply your good to go. Crafts such as Conditioner Play Dough can create amazing smelling play dough which can entertain for hours!
- Visit family and family – Rather than untidy and mess your own house visit family or friends and mess theirs instead! It is free to visit, you can get a coffee and the kids can explore a new environment.
If you are looking for more frugal and free activities then check out Hayley from MissManyPennies post here.