Usually I am last minute Susan when it comes to getting ready for back to school. Last year I was so delayed in actually ordering their uniform that that expected date of delivery was after school started. Thankfully they arrived earlier than expected but it was a wake up call! With Arthur joining both Jack and Oliver I need to be triply prepared. That of course means starting my preparations earlier. Korbond got in touch with me asking if I would like to use some of their back to school range. Without much hesitation I said yes, preparing the uniform is not a task I enjoy.
Back to School with Korbond
Korbond is a family run business in Grantham, so pretty local to us and one of the largest established haberdashery brands available. They are available to buy in Tesco and Sainsbury’s as well as a host of other UK retailers. In the package they sent me I received;
- Tag It Laundry Marker
- Label It Container Labels
- Label It Clothes Labels
- Sew It Black and White threads
- Label It Shoe labels
- Roll It Lint Roller
- Hem It Hemming Web
Preparing the boys uniform last year I used mainly stick on name labels. At the time I felt that I would be saving a lot more time and it was just easier! However as the weeks, months went on, the labels fell off one by one. It was a some what false economy as I was constantly having to reattach them.
However, I am willing to try another brand and hope they work better. Korbond Label it Clothes Labels are stick on and sew free. They do require an iron however we have since passed ours on to someone else, so we used my hair straighteners.
The other labels can be used for school shoes, lunchboxes and bottles! They look great too.
I think these are an awesome idea! Usually I use permanent marker to name their shoes! As an ex nursery nurse I understand the importance of labelling the smaller and more obsucure items such as underwear, shoes and socks! These labels are specifically for shoes and they have a protective film over the top to protect them too. There are specific ones for the left and right shoe and a little tip from me – Write their first name on the L one and the last night on the R label . It not only helps children to know which shoe goes on the correct foot but also helps them to recognise their full name.
Korbond sent us as whole host of items that are coming in handy for us! Some of the items we use already! such as the black and white thread, no sewing box is complete without it! The Hemming Web is also fab for smaller legged children or *Ahem adults! Being only 5″2 I often find my trousers need hemming up so these are not only great for Arthur who is rather small! but for me too!
Back to School Tips!
Here are some handy tips to help those first few weeks to go hopefully without a hitch!
- If you have stored your uniform away for the summer rather than buying new, make sure to get it out and give them a wash to freshen up! Check for any damage and make sure that all name labels are attached and secure!
- If you are buying new uniform, make sure to give it a once over – Sometimes you can discover holes etc even on brand new items!
- Label EVERYTHING – It is surprising the amount of uniform ends in lost property, there was gorgeous brand new coat in ours last year! The Korbond labels are super adhesive and if applied correctly will last!
- Clean and Polish shoes and make sure they are labelled too!
- Prepare the uniform the night before, it will make the mornings run smoother!
- I also tend to pack the lunch boxes (if required) the night before too! It helps to save time and I can take my time in making them!
*This is a collaborative post with Korbond