If you want some different recipes to follow which uses Camembert as the main ingredients then you are in the right place. The recipe below is the first of 4 which makes use of Le Rustique Camembert to make a delicious dish!
Le Rustique Camembert Scones with Honey Butter
This recipe makes between 10-12 scones
- 5 tbsp Runny Honey
- 150 grams Unsalted Butter
- 450 grams self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 100 grams butter cut into smaller pieces
- 100 grams Le Rustique Camembert cut into smaller pieces
- 1 small apple peeled, cored and cut into smaller pieces
- 300 ml milk
- 1 egg beaten
- Poppy Seeds
1. To make the honey butter: beat the honey and the butter with a hand-held electric whisk until light and fluffy. Set to one side until needed.
2. Pre-heat oven to 220C/450F/Gas mark 7 and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and then rub in the butter until it resembles bread crumbs.
4. Mix the milk and beaten egg together
5. Stir in the Le Rustique Camembert and apple and add just enough of the milk and egg mixture to make a soft dough, it should not be too sticky. Reserve the remaining milk and egg mixture for the glaze.
6. Gather into a ball and place in a floured work surface; roll out gently to a thickness of about 2cm and stamp out the scones with a 5cm scone cutter. Gather together all the offcuts and continue to stamp out scones until all the dough is used up.
7. Place the scones onto the prepared baking sheet and brush them with the egg and milk mixture before scattering some poppy seeds over the top.
8. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are well risen and golden brown.
9. Cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before serving warm with the honey butter.