Another great recipe using another cheese from the Le Rustique range. This recipe takes around 45 minutes to prepare and it makes 12 small tartlets. Ideal for entertaining guests at parties. If you wanted to use as part of a meal then it makes 4 larger ones. Cooking time is between 8-10 minutes.
Le Rustique Brie
Honey Onion Relish:
- 50g butter
- 2 red onions, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 12 x slices of Brown bread
- 50g softened butter
- 100-120g Le Rustique Brie de Caractère – cut into 12 pieces
- Chopped fresh chives
To make the honey onion relish:
- melt the butter in a pan and add the onions; sauté the onions for 4 to 5 minutes and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, stirring all the time to stop it sticking, for 20 to 30 minutes until it is thick.
- Cool and set to one side until needed.
To make the tartlets:
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6.
- Using a 5cm to 6cm cutter, stamp out 12 circles from the sliced bread, and butter them on one side only. Place the buttered sides down into a 12-hole bun-tin, pressing them to create a tartlet shape.
- Add a teaspoon of the honey onion relish into each bread tartlet base, and then place the pieces of Le Rustique Brie de Caractère on top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the bottom of the bread tartlet bases are crispy and golden brown.
- Gently take them out of the tray and sprinkle the chopped fresh chives over them before serving.