We don’t need many excuses to get baking but using the boy’s school cake sale seemed to be the perfect one. After asking Jack and Oliver what they wanted to bake they very quickly settled on Chocolate Brownies. A really simple and easy recipe to follow and because of our stand mixer, I wasn’t needed.
Last year DOMU gifted us a stand mixer and it has been a godsend. It is something that I had wanted and I knew we would make lots of great use out of it!
- 400g caster sugar
- 225g butter, melted
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make –
- Put all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix. The VonShef Stand Mixer made real light work with the mixing. It isn’t too loud either!
- Grease the tray/dish – We used butter and the boys loved rubbing it around the dish. Once you pour the mix in gently pick up the dish and tap it on the work surface to ease out any air bubbles in the mixture.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas mark 4 for 20 – 25 minutes. – From about 20 minutes we were looking through the oven door to check them. In
- Cool, and slice into equal square portions. (The photo shows half the brownie in the dish above, cut into squares)