It is half way through the summer holidays and many of us are preparing our lists on what to buy the kids for school. If you have finished already well, hats off to you! I haven’t even started!! This year I am fortunate that school uniform wise we are okay, the boys had a little top up around Christmas so it was only a couple of pairs of trousers and a couple of tops needed. They do however both need shoes, bags, bottles, lunch bags etc!
Here is my back to school – What to buy guide!
- School bottles! – BabiPur sells a range of reusable stainless steel bottles that are eco-friendly, BPA free, as well as Phthalates or lead-free and they, don’t retain flavours. There are several different sizes you can choose as well as different bottle tops. I love the classic 532ml/18oz sports bottles.
- Nom Nom Snack Pouches! – Nom Nom Snack pouches are the ideal size for cut grapes, apples or other pieces of fruit. With a zip lock fastening, it makes sure to retain all moisture ensuring it is leakproof. Each pouch can be used around 100 times before it needs replacing and they are super easy to clean too! Nom Nom also has a range of pouches suitable for purees/yoghurts. If you freeze these they can also act as an ice pack too!
- BackPacks – I love this backpack from Jack Wolfskin. As well as the main compartment there are another 3 pockets too. It has wide straps to ensure a comfortable fit and it also features reflectors too! The name tag triples us as a stencil as well as a ruler making it a handy accessory to have.
- Pencil Case- Jack is starting year 4 and one of the things he has requested is a new pencil case. He would absolutely go crazy for this football boot pencil case from Smiggle!
- Yumbox Lunch Box – I love these! All 3 boys have them and I can totally recommend them. Although cleaning them can be a pain in the butt, the compartments are handy to help remind you of what you can put in them. It is completely leak proof meaning you can put yoghurt or dips or anything else in there.