Last week I was invited to an event with other local bloggers in Peterborough by Queensgate Shopping Centre. We were told to don our festive jumpers and empty bellies for an evening of Christmas food tasting. Excited was an understatement, If you know me then you know that I am rather partial to food. Queensgate Shopping Centre have several food outlets inside and out all ready to burst with their Christmas offerings.
John Lewis brought some lovely cakes from the range at their Café. The Caramel millionaires shortcake was absolutely lovely! Along with the cakes, John Lewis also had a few other items that would make great additions to the Christmas events. The Jelly Bean Advent Calendar contains different flavoured Jelly Beans it is a little too russian roulette for my liking!
Unfortunately, I was driving so I couldn’t test the gin. The Unicorn Tear’s, however, is on my wishlist this year for Christmas. The drink has an iridescent glittery shimmer that makes the drink look magical!
Lakeland delivered a lovely selection of goodies! The Rose Gold Shimmer Popaball sprinkled in a glass of Prosecco gives you an iridescent, silky treat. There was also offerings of Joe and Seph’s Chilli Chocolate Caramel Popcorn (I am not a fan of chilli so did pass on the offer to try), as well as Peppermint Bark Hot Chocolate Drink made in a slow cooker (clever eh! I did make this last year here, not peppermint thought). When it came to places to go for Christmas foods/treats Lakeland didn’t cross my mind. It is however now on my places to go for Christmas party prep! The PopaBall are a must have!
Marks and Spencer
Marks and Spencer delivered a lovely selection of their Christmas food range, the Pigs in blanket flavoured crisps tasted amazing! The Sandwiches available from Marks and Spencer’s Festive selection is,
- Turkey Feast
- Brie and Grape
- Prawn and Smoked Salmon
- Ham Hock and Golden Beetroot Piccalilli
Up until this point, I had never eaten at Carluccio’s. The restaurant always looks lovely and it has been on my places to go list for a while. Carluccio’s brought a selection of their dishes for us all to try. The dishes were,
- Abruzzese – This is one of the main courses on their normal menu. Flaked Italian tuna, buffalo mozzarella, green beans, sweet peppers, baby plum tomatoes, Italian leaves, new potatoes, anchovy fillet, soft-boiled egg and croutons, served with a light vinaigrette.
- Pere E Gorgonzola – Is a starter of their Festive Menu. Pears & gorgonzola served with radicchio, green beans and walnuts, tossed in a lemon dressing.
- Coppa Di Limoncello Mascarpone – Is a dessert on the Festive Menu. Mascarpone limoncello cream drizzled with limoncello syrup and served with raspberries, crumbled amaretto biscuits and mint.
- Tomato Bruschetta – Is a Starter on the normal menu. Slices of grilled ciabatta topped with fresh baby plum, yellow cherry and beef tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, baby basil and garlic.
- Antonio’s Chicken Liver Pâté – Is a starter on the normal menu. Smooth pâté served with grilled ciabatta and red onion marmalade.
- Insalata Caprese- Is a Starter on the normal menu. Buffalo mozzarella, sliced beef tomatoes, basil, extra virgin olive oil and black olives.
The food smelt gorgeous! and I am really looking forward to my first visit hopefully in the new year.
It wouldn’t be Christmas without indulging in Chocolates. Hotel Chocolat has a great range of chocolate, The Christmas Gift box, Luxe classic (pictured) is priced £35. There is a great selection including white chocolate reindeer and milk chocolate trees!
In the picture to the right-hand side are mulled wine chocolates, priced at £3.95 for 6 and on a 3 for 2 mix and match offer.
Handmade Burger Co
I tried my first Halloumi Bites thanks to the offerings from Handmade Burger Co. I also tried my first burger from there too! The burger i tried was the American Cheese Beef Burger and oh my, I can’t explain how lovely it was. So succulent. Handmade Burger Co.
- Avocado and Bacon Chicken Burger – Our original HBC burger relish, hand crushed avocado, smoked bacon, mayo, lettuce, tomato & red onion
- American Cheese Beef Burger – Onion rings, HBC sauce, peppered pastrami, Swiss cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato & red onion
- Veg-Mex- Veggie patty, handmade Mexican salsa, hand crushed avocado, jalapeños, lettuce, tomato & red onion
- Halloumi Bites
- Pit Wings – 3 chicken wings, smothered in a choice of buffalo sauce, hot sauce or pit BBQ sauce, served with celery sticks and a blue cheese dip
- Falafel – Traditional spiced Moroccan relish, , lettuce, tomato & red onion
Pret a Manger
Pret-a-Manger has a great festive selection of sandwiches this year! I can totally recommend you eating Pret’s Christmas Lunch I must have had 3 of them! Their range this year
- Pret’s Christmas Lunch – Thick slices of Norfolk free-range turkey breast on malted bread with a dollop of slightly tart port & orange cranberry sauce. Served with Pret’s herby stuffing – made with beautifully seasoned minced pork, streaky bacon and apricots. Topped with crispy onions.
- Pret’s Christmas Veggie Lunch – Roasted chunks of butternut squash, spicy rocket and nutty Christmas pesto made with walnuts and pecans. Served with a spoonful of yoghurt & mayo dressing and a sprinkling of crispy onions on malted bread.
Along with their usual offerings of;
- Mature Cheddar and Pret Pickle
- Ham and Cheese
- Smoked Salmon
- Chicken and Bacon Caesar
Located in Westgate Arcade Grasmere Farm sell a lovely range of foods great for Christmas Parties! We were able to try their Scotch Eggs (which as a whole are rather big), Sausage Rolls and Hand Raised Pork Pie!
- Bacon ‘n’ egg scotch egg- £2.50 for a 2 pack or £1.30 each
- Scotch egg- £2.50 for a 2 pack of £1.30 each
- Hand raised pork pie- from £2.50
- Sausage rolls- £1.70 for a 2 pack
*I was invited to sample a range of different foods which are all available to buy in Queensgate*