Something I have struggled with since starting Veganuary is breakfast. I don’t have time first thing to prepare or cook anything substantial. It should be quick and easy. Here are my top 5 quick vegan breakfasts ideas and a top bonus is the boys love them too!
1. Weetabix, Yogurt and choice of fruits – Something quick and easy, chuck it together and can be prepared in minutes. No longer to prepare than a “Typical” breakfast. Weetabix is a great source of fibre too.
2. Overnight oats – If you have ever been on Slimming world you have probably heard of Overnight Oats and how great they are! The Vegan-friendly version contains a non-dairy yoghurt (I use Alpro), porridge oats and a handful of frozen mixed berries. By the morning, the juices of the berries and the yoghurt would have mixed into the oats making them lovely and soft. Not too tangy (from the berries) and just the right sweetness.
3. Fruit Smoothie – It will certainly keep you going until mid-morning at least. Blend together milk of your choice (I am loving Almond milk but oat milk would be just as good) with strawberries and banana (my personal favourite) and ice. OR, Blend the fruit with apple juice instead. Both equally as nice but the milk (in my opinion) makes it thicker. If you have any vegan-friendly ice cream, you can chuck some of that in too!
4. Pancakes!! – In less than 10 minutes you could make some great vegan pancakes! The recipe is super easy and the best thing is you probably already own the ingredients needed to make them.
5oz (150g) plain flour
2 tbsp. Caster sugar
2 tbsp. Baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tbsp. oil
Method – Sieve all dry ingredients together, make a well in the centre of the bowl for water and oil. Mix together until oil and water are blended together. Folding the mixture would create more fluffiness. Heat up a little oil in the saucepan and pour the mixture (a little at a time). Cook until golden on one side and turn over and cook until golden on the other. Team it with maple syrup or fruits for a great combo!
5. Full English – Just because your vegan there is no reason why you must miss out on a full English breakfast! Beans, Tomato, Mushroom, Hash browns all make a great fry up! You can also buy Vegan-Friendly Sausages (I love the Sausage Lorne from More than Meat) to go with your breakfast. Team it with some bread and vegan butter and it makes a great filling breakfast!