It isn’t really Easter until you have either made or eaten chocolate Easter nests. It is a very simple and easy recipe which everyone of all ages will enjoy to make. The best thing about it is that you can adapt the recipe to pretty much any taste too!
Ingredients to make Easter Nests
The quanitity depends on how many you want to make. I used 16 individual shredded wheat pieces, 1 large Tesco Chocolate bar and 2xPacks of mini eggs. Which made 24 nests.
^^ See very simple!!
- Melt the chocolate – I use the hob. Place the glass bowl into a pot of boiling water and melt the chocolate in the bowl.
2. Break the shredded wheat into as small of pieces as you can. The easiest way I found was to break down the shredded wheat within the packet. Saves on a lot of mess!
3. Mix the shredded wheat into the melted chocolate.
4. Spoon the chocolate nests into individual cake cases and press the mixture down.
5. Pop Mini eggs on top of the nests and you can either pop into the fridge. I have a ridiculously small fridge so I left them on the side for a couple of hours.