Terry Wogan, Gene wilder, David Bowie and George Michael are a few of the many deaths 2016 saw. It has been a year of reflection for some and year of living in the moment for others. For me, 2016 has overall been a good one my family have overall been very healthy. But I have of course sat and pondered when each of celebrity deaths were announced and realised death can strike anyone, any time. Something I need to remember is to make the most of our time.
It can be difficult to reflect on the past especially when in all honesty I have poor memory and can not for the life of me remember some events. However, I can remember;
- My dad getting married in May,
- Oliver starting school in September
- Arthur starting playgroup in November
- Baby Francesca being born in November (New niece!)
- My friends little girl Ellie being born in September,
- Mark’s dad buying us a family sized tent for Christmas so we can go on holidays!
- Going on holiday to Northumberland to visit Mark’s dad.
- My sister being mugged at knife point- Such a scary time! Thankfully she is okay, and the mugger was caught and sentenced.
- My nephew Leo celebrating 6 years post SDR ( life changing operation) which enabled him to walk independently!
- Celebrating 4 years of running my nappy library which promotes cloth nappies to local families
- Starting The Mum Diaries!
- Completing my first ever 5km fun run!!
We already have exciting things happening next year such as our first camping holiday to Shell Island! I hope for continued good health amongst all my family and friends. I recently wrote about my blogging goals for next year so here are my personal ones.
- In order to stay at home longer I need to come up with a way to make regular income.
- Make a mark on our home – Being in rented housing can make it difficult to make our mark but I would love to try and personalise the house a little. Even if it is just wall stickers and accessories rather than painting.
- Go on more holidays – Thanks to Mark’s lovely dad we are able to go camping, we would love to make the most of the tent so hoping for a few trips next year.
- would love to spend more time with family – Not just my immediate family but my siblings families too!
- I would love to get more in control of my lifestyle – I am starting this by trying Veganuary in January after that I am getting in control of my diet and exercise! This time next year I want to be healthier and hopefully lighter!
All my goals are possible so nothing too much! I do try and overthink to much and make unrealistic expectations so I am hoping by keeping it short and sweet I should achieve these.
What are your goals for 2017 if you make them?