At the end of last year after my first 6 months of blogging, I wrote my blogging goals down. What I wanted to achieve in 2017 and at the time those goals I had set seemed a million miles away! I have loved the past 12 months and everything my blog has given me. I have met some wonderful people, attended my first conference, worked with some incredible brands and learnt so much!
I would love to achieve the following by the end of 2017
- DA of 35
- I would love to be in the top 500 of Tots, I would be even more happier to be in top 250.
- To have reached 2,000 Facebook page likes,
- reach 3,000 Twitter followers
- and reach 3,000 Instagram followers
- I would love to hit 5,000 page views a month!
- and increase my subscribers to my blog and YouTube channel
And how did I do? Well,
- My DA is 34 – 1 lower than I wanted to achieve, but it has been a lot harder than I imagined increasing my domain authority. I am pleased with 34!
- My Tots100 score is 281! I have moved 369 places in a year and as I write this December’s Chart hasn’t been updated.
- I Increased my Facebook following by 1,179, So i have 2,420. A number I am incredibly happy about!
- Twitter has increased 2,529 over the year! and I smashed my target of 3,000 and I am nearly at 4k!
- Instagram at the beginning of year went amazing! Then it stagnated when the algorithms all changed and I struggled. I still do. My following increased only by 890 so I am under my 3k goal.
- I averaged out my monthly views and for 2016 when I wrote the goals I was averaging 1,746 views a month. Over 2017 my average monthly views are 7,051. I have reached 12k views in one month a couple of times but the quieter months counteracted that.
- Subscribers – I haven’t been proactive in increasing subscribers to my blog or my Youtube Channel.
I am over the moon with my stats, I understand that they are not the be all and end all but I like figures. Having something to look back on and a target to focus helps me to stay on the right lines and as long as the numbers increase I am happy.
My goals for 2018
- I would like to reach a DA of 38, Ideally 40+ but I want to maintain it and not fall below 35.
- I would love to be within the Top100 of Tots100 but realistically? Anywhere within the Top200 would be good, I just want my badge to display a number!
- Facebook is becoming harder to control and navigate and I am happy with my steady stream of likers. However, I would love to reach 5,000 by the end of the year.
- Twitter – I have become to love Twitter and really enjoy using it so for that reason I want to hit 10,000!
- Instagram – I want to love this platform again! But the ever-changing algorithms makes it extremely difficult. I would be happy to be at 4,000.
- Monthly Views- Seeing the numbers increase each month makes me happy! I would love to monthly hit 10,000 and keep it at that. By the end of the year, I would love to average 20,000 a month!
- My plan for 2018 is Youtube! I would love to upload weekly vlogs and increase my presence. So although it will be slow in the first few months learning and getting to grips with it all I can’t wait!
It’s not all about the figures though,
These are mainly statistic based and like I said before figures are not the be all and end all! There are a few brands that I would love to work with through 2018, so building relationships and maintaining them too! Networking with other bloggers I think is really important too! My ticket and hotel room is booked for BlogOn and I would love to try and get a sponsor for another conference. There are lots of local parenting bloggers where I live and I think maybe monthly brainstorming sessions would be great too! If anything for the Tea and Cake and no children to worry about. I would love to improve my photography and since buying my DSLR in October I have noticed an improvement.